Marine Port Authority of Singapore
Responsive government website with a streamlined content publishing process.
As a government agency that strives to promote Singapore as a premier global hub port, as well as to safeguard Singapore’s strategic maritime interests, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore’s (MPA) website provides a plethora of information, not just for the local and international maritime community but also for the general public.
With the advent of high mobile phone usage and consumers’ increasing desire for quick information updates, MPA’s outdated site layout and content management system is in need of a radical change.
In 2014, MPA appointed Vintedge to perform a full analysis of its website’s information architecture, design and content publishing workflow. The resulting solution in this revamp will meet the following criteria:
- A mobile-friendly website with that is consistent with MPA’S corporate identity.
- An enhanced and contemporary new look with convenient and easy-to-use features.
- An improved site architecture that allows web visitors to easily navigate to their areas of interests.
- To comply with Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore’s requirements on the W3C standards (AA Level) and Singapore Government Web Interface Standards version 2 (WIS).
- To simplify, improve and standardise the web publishing process for designated MPA web content editors.
To deliver value quickly while minimizing impact on end users and content authors, Vintedge leveraged on IBM’s Web Content Manager for accelerated digital content development and deployment across the web and mobile channels.
This comprehensive solution also allows MPA to create, manage and publish content for different audiences. With advanced personalization, content versioning and publishing workflow in place, MPA is now able to deliver validated information to the right audience in the shortest time.
The team also implemented scripts that allowed a huge portion of the content to be migrated from the legacy repository to the new one, which in turn reduces the amount of time required for manual migration.
With appropriate project management practices, Vintedge was able to implement an improved mobile optimised site that complies with latest W3C standards (AA Level) and the Singapore Government Web Interface Standards. All within a short development timeline.
The new content management system have also led to effective management of digital assets and publishing workflows.